An estimated 100 members of the Florida CCIM Chapter recently gathered for meetings, networking, education and more at the Chapter’s first statewide event of the year.
The Jan 28-30th events were held in conjunction with the Florida Realtors Association’s Mid-Winter Business Meetings at the Renaissance Orlando at Sea World conference center and included the following:
● Florida Chapter General Membership Meeting
● Florida Chapter Board of Directors Meeting
● A Candidate Development Workshop
● The 100th Florida Realtor Inaugural Banquet and Installation of 2016 Florida CCIM Chapter President
● Member Reception and Dinner
● Networking at Florida CCIM Chapter Hospitality Suite
● Florida Chapter/Realtors Land Institute Joint Marketing Session
● Florida CCIM Chapter Education Sessions:
Session 1 “Drones – Legal and Safety Issues of the UAV”: Attendees heard from Robert Jex, Federal Aviation Administration; Rich Weber, Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office Aviation Unit NABB Safety Committee; Mike Fortin, Mini Drones; Daniel Foard, broadcast sports cameraman; and other professionals in a panel discussion and presentation with questions and answers. This session outlined the latest rules and regulations of the UAV/Drones industry and will assist us in understanding the complexities of use in real estate now and in the future.
Session 2: “Marketing with Social Media”: Attendees heard from Stephanie Darden, President of Prismatic, an award-winning marketing and advertising firm with offices in Orlando and New Orleans. Darden revealed insights and values of younger commercial real estate customers and shared examples and ideas of how chapter members can use social media to build brand, authenticity and credibility.