CCIM stands for Certified Commercial Investment Member, and its members are recognized as experts in the disciplines of Commercial & Investment Real Estate.
The mission of the Florida CCIM Chapter is to provide the highest quality marketing and networking opportunities, services, and education that will enhance our members’ ability to conduct business successfully.
The Florida CCIM Chapter is comprised of 8 districts – North, Panhandle, Central, West Coast, East Coast, Southwest, Ft. Lauderdale-Broward, and Miami-Dade/Monroe – serving the entire state of Florida.FIND YOUR DISTRICT
Former Chapter President of the CCIM West Coast District, Amy Barrett along with Mike Milano represented the seller of...August 16, 2017
Upcoming Florida Chapter Statewide Meetings Offer Power-Packed Marketing, Training, Networking & Business Development
In just one week, chapter members will converge for Florida CCIM Chapter statewide meetings that promise to provide member...August 7, 2017
Fojo, a Senior Advisor, SVN, Florida Commercial Real Estate Advisors, reports the two CRE groups plan to make...August 7, 2017
Joining and re-joining the Florida CCIM Chapter is a sweet deal now through the end of the year. ...August 1, 2017
UPCOMING CHAPTER EVENTS
Read about the biggest recent “Deal Makers” in CCIM from Florida!
I am delighted to report that the 2017 Florida Legislative Session was a great success for the State’s Commercial Real Estate Industry. Many leaders of the Florida CCIM Chapter, past and present, as well as officers from the CCIM Institute worked tirelessly during the most recent 60-day session in Tallahassee. Through coordination and working with Florida Realtors we were able to advocate for and help secure:
- A permanent 10% cap on non-homestead property taxes
- $270 Million dollars in State funding for affordable housing
- A cap on Estoppel Fees
- A first time ever reduction of the Business Rent Tax from 6% to 5.8% saving Florida businesses an estimated $61 million dollars
- $500 Million dollars dedicated to the preservation of Florida’s vital natural resources including the Florida Everglades, our beaches and springs
- The implementation of a tangible personal property tax exemption for renewable energy devices like rooftop solar panels installed by businesses and commercial entities
- Several changes to the Florida’s Condominium Act designed to provide more transparency and protections to purchasers and residents
The Florida CCIM Chapter leadership wishes to congratulate and thank Carrie O’Rourke, vice president of Public Policy for Florida Realtors. Carrie’s vision and dedication will positively affect business and commercial property owners in Florida for years to come. It was a pleasure to work with Carrie, as well as Florida Realtors 2017 President Maria Wells and the entire team of Florida Realtors during this past session. These legislative victories will strongly benefit the commercial real estate industry and these changes were made possible because of the incredible communication, coordination and commitment of highly capable professional organizations such as FAR, CCIM and IREM. The success we delivered during the 2017 Legislative Session also illustrates the importance, power and influence of the Florida Realtor’s Political Action Committee (RPAC) and the unwavering leadership of the parties involved.